BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Pictures of my Hair!

This is a bathroom pic of my 2 week old sisterlocks.  My widow's peak has escaped! But I'm very happpy with my babies!

 
This side view shows how curly my texture is and that the color I put in when I was growing out my fro is still hanging in there!

 

 The top of my head.  I love the curliness but in the pics - it just looks messy, lol!  

So far I am breaking some rules.  
  • Not braiding and banding while washing - it looks the same afterwards.  Am I making a tragic mistake? I did it once and it seemed to be very time consuming - for no reason!
  • Oil-free leave-in conditioner heavily diluted with water - I want my hair to smell like SOMETHING...may be another epic fail but we'll see!
  • Headbands...something about stretching??

Anyway, I'm trying to be good this week. I promised to only spritz my babies with water.  Let's see how that goes.  I work out quite frequently so I have to keep my hair smelling good between washes.  Otherwise, it smells like dirt and sweat.  

My favorite things about having sisterlocks
  • FREEDOM! The lack of necessary maintenance on the daily is very good and I can work out without fearing that they will fall apart
  • The feel so good to my hands - I play in them quite often (ooh, probably shouldn't do that either)
  • The attention (admittedly) - a lot of compliments have come my way about the new hair.  Some don't know what to think, some can't help but touch me (eww) and others straight up gush over them and say how much they want to do the same thing to their hair.  The man serving mashed potatoes at our cafeteria told me that he loved my hair so much that he's going to call his girl up on his break and tell her she should get some.  I advised that he foot the bill for THAT one! LMBO!

0 comments: