BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

More pictures! Time for a RETIGHTENING!

 
I don't like the picture (I look horrible and my skin is acting a donkey!) but my hair is still up there and doing ok.   This week I've been sticking with the water spritzing and trying to give up some of my bad hair habits.  


Here's the back of my head.  I think it looks pretty great! 
I'm going to Atlanta this weekend to visit a friend so hopefully, I'll come back with plenty of delightful pictures to share with you all when I'm not looking busted at 11pm, *smh* lol

As for the retightening, my first one is coming up but I have a schedule conflict and currently, I'm in heavy prayer that she'll be able to reschedule.  When I email her tomorrow, I'll see what she says!  Next Friday, I have an interview for a doctoral epidemiology program - and I'm SUPER HYPED!  I want my hair to look appropriate and professional but I'm scared that I won't know what to do with my hair.  The institution is  lily white majority White American and I am nervous that there will be a negative reception to my hair.  But I am heartened by my confidence in my research and my personality.  And anyway, my hair is GORGEOUS! It's so alive with flavor and taste.  And I wear it like a beauty queen :-) ...SHOUT OUT TO THE NEW MISS AMERICA from the one and only VIRGINIA!

Until next time...<3

3 comments:

B said...

I think your locs are looking lovely. They are so lush and healthy. Many blessings with your interview!

Kimberly said...

@B - thanks for the encouragement and the compliments :-) Means a whole bunch coming from you!

z said...

Your hair looks great!